I’m so over feeling overwhelmed, how about you?
Here is my vulnerable post….
About two and a half months ago, I hit a wall, a dead end, I knew that the life that I was leading was not how I wanted it to be. Here I was, a mom, wife, higher education professional, and entrepreneur attempting to juggle all of the balls in the air at the same time, and do them well. I pushed hard for a long time (2 years), I was trying to fit more and more into my day, but in reality what started to happen was that the most important people were not my #1, and my health ultimately began to get impacted. My core desired feeling of “balanced” was not in reality.
I mean, here I am….a health coach, a life coach, helping others, yet I wasn’t helping myself because I was so caught up in the hustle of achieving my dreams and helping others live theirs. After having so much anxiety, sleepless nights, and pain in my kidneys, I went to the doctor and discovered I had kidney stones, and I had inflammation happening in my body, which as an integrative nutrition coach, I know is a result of STRESS. So what did I do?
I took a Hustle Hiatus. Now good through August :-).
I gave myself permission…
to get back to me, focus on my health, make me my #1 because in reality if I don’t do it, how can I expect others to? Authenticity is so important to me. I want to share with you some of my thoughts and results of my journey so far.
Within the past two and a half months this is what I did to help me feel balanced and stress free again:
1. I asked myself these questions: “What do I REALLY want to focus on?”As a creative, I get excited with every new thing. I created my “top 3” list and told myself that’s all I can focus on right now. And “How do I want to feel?” I felt calm, balanced, peaceful needed to come through.
3. I said no: I said “no” to anything extra right now, and say”yes” to what soulfully feels good, I created my say yes and say no list.
4. I spent time with people I love: I play with my kids more than every before. Sit and talk with my husband more, and even caught up with friends who I hadn’t see in a while.
5. I changed my foods: I have been keeping a food journal paying attention to things like gluten and dairy, and have been drinking my Vega shake every morning making sure I add turmeric to it. I’ve been following an anti-inflammatory focus with food adding more almonds, salmon, berries, and of course probiotics and lemon water to flush stones out.
6. Myofascial Release Therapy: I love this type of therapy as it relaxes contracted muscles. As you can imagine, when you are stressed, your muscles are tight. This has been my go to for years…I increased my sessions to get me back on track.
7. Sleep: I slept more than I ever have in the past few months than ever before, and it has felt so good. It brought me more clarity.
8. Water: I upped my intake of water by making sure I was drinking 8 glasses a day. I even notice my skin looks better.
9. Dancing: I started zumba again, listening to music I love, and focusing on movement that connects me with my creative side.
10: My Mindset: I believe that once you let things go, if it’s meant to be it will come back in flow. This is my mantra, and I’m letting things happen with ease now. I’m doing more FUN things, and enjoying conversations with so many people. This has helped me immensely in the writing of my book, new soul sync core guide version 2.0 (coming soon!), and in clarifying my purpose even more. I feel much more grounded than ever before!
I share this with you because I’ve also been connecting with more and more people who are in this “overwhelm” place, and just need to take a step back to re-sync, re-focus, and re-connect with themselves. In reality, we cannot live our true life’s journey unless we are healthy inside and out. I am a great example of this, and encourage you if you are in the same place, to take some time for you. Trust me, you’ll do better, be better and rock this world once you do it! We all deserve to live a STRESS free life.
If you are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and are not sure where to begin, I would love to chat with you. Send me a note, and we can set up a time to chat.
Looking forward to kicking things back into gear starting in September with my retreats once again. Registration is now open for my Confident YOU retreat featuring the Desire map on September 17, 2016. Can’t wait to connect with you there!