As we close on 2013, I wanted to share with you some insights on making next year “your year”. And I mean…actually making what you want to happen come to fruition. I know we get busy and life gets in the way…totally have been there and have been right with you with excuses. A year goes by and we say wow, I wish I did that this past year…and then make it the same resolution for the next year…and the next…and next…I want to offer you my 5 simple tips to help you stop the cycle and say, YES, I finally accomplished that (even if it has been five years). I do feel as though it is about the journey as much as the destination, so don’t worry about how long it actually took you, just smile and say…I got there! Happy New Year!
1. Keep it Real! Just because you have been meaning to make more money, start a new fitness plan, eat better, have more time for yourself or your family/friends, live a more balanced life (list could go on right???) doesn’t mean you have to do it all at once. In fact, the long and daunting to-do lists can cause you to pause instead of allowing your mind the ability to focus on what is realistic. Some of us can jump right in to making things happen, while others…well, we need a little nudge. If we set our bar too high, we’ll not feel like we can get there, but little steps can help it get REAL enough for us to actually do.
2. The Power of One. I have found myself this year saying this a lot. Or maybe I should say repeating it in my head over and over again. Instead of saying you want to do all 20 things on your list and the countdown starts today, pick one…one that means the most to you, and maybe the one that in your mind seems the easiest. This will help initiate that momentum you need to get it going. Once you have that one thing accomplished, you then can move onto the next one, but always remind yourself to say…”I only have one thing to do” and when that is done, you still only have “one thing to do“.
3. The Magic 3 Questions. I’ll keep this one simple…take out a piece of paper, at the top make 3 columns, and then 3 rows. In each column, I want you to write the following 3 questions, “What do I really want for me this year?” “What do I need to make it happen?” and “Why is this important to me?” In each row, write down your dreams for 2014. As you answer each of these questions related to your dream, pause for at least 30 seconds, focus on your feelings (not easy to do, but with practice, you’ll get there), out of what you wrote, you can pick that “one” that feels the most powerful to you to start with.
4. Find an Accountability Buddy. I’m sure you have heard the phrase, the people you surround yourself with are a representation of you…it really is true. Find someone (only one) that you can check in with once a week to chat about your progress, and they can also check in with you about their progress. It can be a facebook chat, tweet, text…whatever works and is easiest for you! Remember, keep it simple, but keep it going :-). The motivation will come from both of your successes and it will be fun in the process too!
5. Hocus Focus! All you have to do is remember this…Post it, Pin it, Stare at it…OFTEN…to win it! Play it to your favorite song and repeat with your own style. If you believe in what you are saying and wanting, it will happen. The law of attraction is a true gift. This past year, I would wake up every morning and set my intention for the day…Connie, stop making excuses and open my dream to reality…the more I repeated this, I started to put up visual symbols around me…for example, I bought a planner with my dream written on it and I changed my iPhone cover to have my dream written on it too…ok, that was what I did and it may not be for you, but it allowed me to focus on what I wanted and truly investigate my feelings surrounding it. A year later, I am much clearer in my mind and have confidence in myself to move forward. Just change my name to yours and see what manifests!
Here’s a good way to remember all of these….Repeat this affirmation each day: “I have the REAL POWER to make MAGIC happen with ACCOUNTABILITY and FOCUS.” Cheers to you and to making your 2014 dreams come true!
p.s. I want to hear how it all goes, so don’t forget to e-mail me at email@example.com!
https://www.facebook.com/SoulSyncWellness[contact-form subject='[Soul Sync Wellness%26#039; Blog’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]